Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas parade float 2006

This evening marks our 5th annual participation in the New Concord Christmas parade. Five years ago we had our first float and I was hugely pregnet. I rode in the float and two hours after it was finished, I had Timothy Paul.

This years float was a depiction of the angels telling the good news to the Shepherds. We had three lambs and three shepherds and 5 angels. The girls were so excited because they were angels with wings and halos. Timothy and Stephen got to be two of the shepherds. Stephen took his job very seriously. He kept patting his lamb (a plastic one that lit up) and saying, I like you.

We passed out 1,000 flyers that invited people to our Christmas eve service and on the other side it gave the gospel. Half way through the parade we ran out. We felt sick because there were probably at least another thousand people up the road that we could not give flyers to. The Lord gave us beautiful weather. Fifteen people ( not counting children) showed up to walk beside the float to pass out the flyers.

Because we were one of the first floats the kids and I were able to watch the rest of the parade. Then we walked to the bank where they were passing out free cookies and hot chocolate. We walked out with 9 cookies and only one hot chocolate. It is impossible for children to walk down a busy side walk full of people with a hot chocolate in one hand and a huge cookie in the other and not spill something. Therefore, I said only one cookie and not hot chocolate...Am I mean or what? We walked a little more and came to Harpers Cabin. A lady was spinning wool and someone else was passing out more cookies... so of course we had another 7 cookies( one each).
A little futher down was the John Glenn museum. We got to tour his house and yes have more cookies. Needless to say, the kids had a blast. Who says the little New Concord is boring!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah! A new post for us to read! I am so excited. Sounds like the kids had a great time getting all those cookies! :) I feel like I know New Concord a little better after your description - you actually have a museum?! :) Is that where John Glenn is from?

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Eight is Enough!! said…

    Yep! He was born and raised in New Concord. We are very famous :) Our town of 2,000 has a museum and a college! Can you believe it? The whole town was defintely out last night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home